The Accounting Specialists (2 openings) are responsible for performing a variety of accounting duties and responsibilities including all aspects of accounts payable and accounts receivable functions.
Job Description (including but not limited to the following):
- Reviews, verifies and reconciles vendor invoices and supporting documentation for accuracy.
- Processes, analyzes and reconciles vendor payments.
- Calculates, reconciles and processes over-payments and underpayments to vendors for retroactive rate adjustments.
- Assists vendors with billing and payment related inquiries. Provides customer service to vendors and internal staff.
- Provides training and support to vendors on proprietary software and invoicing procedures.
- Analyzes, reconciles and manages trust accounts and subsidiary ledgers.
- Completes third party benefits applications and reporting.
- Prepares and processes contracts with residential vendors.
- Responds to inquiries related to third party benefits and trust accounts. Provides customer service to consumers, residential vendors and internal staff.
- Manages accounts receivables and reconciles accounts.
- Completes assessments for various programs in accordance with governmental legislation and internal policies and procedures.
- Prepares written communication of assessments and responds to inquiries.
- Assists with internal staff training on policies and procedures for fee programs.
- Provides resource information and customer support to consumers and internal staff related to fee programs.
- Performs general department support and work including data entry, filing, scanning, opening mail, and general clerical tasks.
- Maintains accounting files and records.
- Prepares and maintains various spreadsheets and reports.
- Performs other related duties as required.
Skills and Requirements:
- Associate’s degree (A.A.) or equivalent in accounting or related field from a two-year college or technical school; or equivalent combination of education and experience required.
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A. or B.S.) in accounting or related field from a four-Year College or university preferred.
- 2 or more years of accounting related experience.
- Knowledge of basic general accounting principles and practices, AP and AR systems, and general office practices.
- Intermediate skill level to operate a computer and enter data accurately including at minimum, basic Microsoft Excel skills
- Must to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Able to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Build/cultivate relationships, work cooperatively, and establish rapport/gain trust.
- Listen perceptively and actively, elicit pertinent information effectively and interact effectively with people from diverse cultures.
- Ability to speak and write in an organized and effective manner, succinct direct manner, and simply complex ideas into simplified forms.
- Plan, prioritize and complete duties in a timely manner.
- Be organized, detail oriented and be able to multi-task.
- Spanish helpful not required.
- Must have the ability to add, subtract, multiple, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Know how to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
There are 2 openings for this position available. Both are possible temp to hire positions located in the North San Fernando Valley area. The salary is $19 to $20 hourly. The client will administer rigorous skills testing. Please call for additional information.
Job Ref. #: 44??
Location: North San Fernando Valley, CA
Royal Staffing Services will consider for employment qualified Applicants with Criminal Histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.