Benefits Admin Assistant
The Benefits Admin Assistant, in a benefits brokerage environment, is responsible for operating a multi-line telephone system and ensuring calls and visitors are directed to the appropriate personnel. As the first point of contact for the organization, the Benefits Admin Assistant must have a courteous and professional demeanor with the ability to maintain a front office professional appearance at all times. The Benefits Admin Assistant also provides administrative support to a small staff of 5-6 employees.
Job Description (including but not limited to the following):
- Answers and directs telephone calls. Takes and relays messages. Retrieves messages from general voicemail and forwards to the appropriate personnel
- Greets and assists visitors in a courteous and professional manner. Announces visitors to the appropriate personnel
- May be required to do some mail processing
- Maintains inventory of office supplies as needed
- Performs general office duties for staff – including data entry, faxing, filing and copying
- Other duties as assigned or requested
Skills and Requirements:
- Minimum two years’ experience working with multi-line telephone system and providing strong office admin or clerical support. Good filing, customer service and all around general office skills are needed.
- Must have courteous and professional demeanor, exhibiting good judgment when assisting/interacting with others
- Must be able to use discretion and handle sensitive/confidential information
- Attention to detail, producing accurate and high-quality work
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Accurate typing and data entry skills are a must. Minimum of 40 wpm.
- Must maintain positive and cooperative communications and collaboration with all levels of employees, clients and customers
- Bilingual (Spanish) is helpful but not required
This is a temp to hire position in the North San Fernando Valley area. The pay is $18 hourly DOE. This is a non-smoking office.
Job Ref #: 44Q0
Location: Northridge, CA
Royal Staffing Services will consider for employment qualified Applicants with Criminal Histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.