Clerk Accounting Dept
Clerk Accounting Dept responsibilities primarily include payments to vendors, and processing of credit card transactions, employee expense reports, keeping financial records updated, preparing reports and reconciling financial accounts. The Clerk Accounting Dept also will run accounting software programs to process these business transactions. This position will also be responsible for daily and monthly cash reconciliations.
The Clerk Accounting Dept must be proficient at accounting software and MS Office (especially Excel). They should display a positive and proactive attitude, strong organizational skills, the ability to prioritize and multitask and be a strong communicator, both paper and over the phone, as he or she will frequently deal with vendors and higher levels of management.
Job Description (including but not limited to the following):
- Prepare Accounts Payable functions such as: review of all invoices for appropriate documentation and payment, coding to correct accounts and departments, and process check payments on a weekly or as needed basis
- Compile, audit and process company credit card transactions and employee expense reports.
- Maintain a log of Petty Cash transactions and reconcile on a monthly basis
- Prepare wire payments and maintain a log of all wire activity with supporting documentation
- Prepare a reconciliation and summary of cash activity on a daily basis and monthly basis
- Reconcile A/P to the G/L
- Prepares payments by accruing expenses; requesting disbursements; reconciling accounts
- Conduct account research and analysis
- Prepare and maintain various reports
- Prepares general ledger entries by maintaining records and files.
- Identify and execute the necessary process adjustments
- Interact with vendors and colleagues to resolve outstanding issues
- Provide accounting and clerical support to the accounting department
- Type accurately, prepare and maintain accounting documents and records
- Assists in the compilation of the facility count summary on a monthly basis to assist with customer billings
- Receives, sorts and distributes department mail
- Assist with answering incoming calls to the department
- Reconcile general ledger accounts in a timely manner
- Daily enter key data of financial transactions in database
- Provide assistance and support to company personnel
- Provides accounting support for audits and other inquiries.
- Research, track and restore accounting or documentation problems and discrepancies
- Inform management and compile reports/summaries on activity areas
- Function in accordance with established standards, procedures and applicable laws
- Constantly update job knowledge
- Acts as primary backup to Accounts Receivable Clerk and must have a good understanding of the role to be covered in case of absence
- Other duties as assigned.
Skills and Requirements
- Proven accounting and accounts payable experience.
- Familiarity with bookkeeping and basic accounting procedures
- Competency in MS Office, databases and accounting software
- Experience using NetSuite is preferred
- Hands-on experience with spreadsheets and financial reports
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Aptitude for numbers
- Ability to communicate well with accounting team, colleagues and vendors at all levels
- Ability to perform filing and record keeping tasks
- Data entry and word processing skills
- Well organized
- Associate’s degree or relevant certification is a plus
This is a temp to hire position located in the Conejo Valley area. The position pays $19.50 to $21.00 depending on experience.
Job Ref. #: 44K7
Location: Agoura Hills, CA
Royal Staffing Services will consider for employment qualified Applicants with Criminal Histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
Our Client provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.