Client Benefits Specialist
What’s the opportunity?
Working under direct supervision, the Client Benefits Specialist is responsible for administering all client group benefit plans and associated tasks. As the point of contact for assigned clients, must have excellent customer service skills and professional demeanor.
What will I be doing?
- Day-to-day benefits administration of benefit plans
- Works directly with health plan carriers to process enrollments, terminations, changes and to resolve errors, discrepancies and claim disputes
- Reviews, audits, and reconciles monthly invoices from health plan carriers
- Responsible for the efficient processing of benefit data
- Acts as a liaison between all plan carriers and employee benefits
- Provide functional assistance to associates for ongoing administration of benefits and insurance programs, such as open enrollment.
- Consults with supervisor when needed to respond to inquiries and for complaint resolution regarding benefits
- Ensures payroll deductions for all benefits plans are followed and administered correctly
- Coordinates extension of benefits for severed employees
- Responsible for the Leave of Absence follow-up notifications and ensures billing payments are sent on time
- Prepares communication and educational materials regarding benefit packages for insured employees
- Develops and processes forms related to benefit enrollment and/or changes
- Processes employee and dependent claims
- Assists with daily task, as required, and follows through to ensure deadlines are met
- Other related duties as assigned
What skills do I need?
- Minimum of one year experience in the administration of benefits plans
- Courteous and professional demeanor, exhibiting good judgment when assisting/interacting with others
- Discrete and able to handle sensitive/confidential information
- Strong attention to detail, producing accurate and high-quality work
- Ability to meet deadlines and be able to thrive in a fast-paced, high demand work environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Outlook but especially Excel)
- Able to comply with operating policies, procedures and rules is essential
- Must be able to maintain regular and predictable attendance; the ability to work overtime is required
- Positive and cooperative communications and collaboration with all levels of employees, clients and customer is a must
- Bilingual (Spanish) preferred
In addition to playing a meaningful role in the growth of the Client, you’ll receive:
- This is a direct hire position
- Competitive salary, approximately $47k to $52k annually
- The Client provides an extensive range of benefits to their employees.
- Vacation, sick, and personal days plus paid holidays
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- A 401k plan with a company match
Job Ref. #: 44KT
Location: Chatsworth, CA
Royal Staffing Services will consider for employment qualified Applicants with Criminal Histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.