Commercial Lines Account Manager
What’s the opportunity?
We are looking for an experienced Commercial Lines Account Manager who will be able to take on this role with professionalism and leadership.
What will I be doing?
The candidate will be responsible for managing day to day servicing of assigned portion of book of commercial business through providing exceptional and innovative customer service and facilitating relationships between our customer, insurance carrier representatives and their clients.
Management of day to day servicing of assigned portion of book of business adhering to company standards including but not limited to:
- Timely and accurate reporting of claims which could include: reporting matters to applicable carriers, coordination of carrier communication, assignment of defense counsel, adjuster assignment, evaluation of coverage, and guidance to insured throughout the claim process.
- Monitor policy expiration dates and ensure team expiration list is updated.
- Autonomous tracking and management of aspects of the marketing of each renewal. Guide and assist client in preparation of the renewal materials
- Design and deliver renewal presentations Present opinions and recommendations to clients
- Approach prospective clients and acquire new business through the penetration of existing clients. Discuss, suggest and present new coverage line options to existing clients as needed
- Regularly exercise discretion and independent judgment on significant accounts including but not limited to collecting and analyzing information regarding the client and assisting in product and pricing determinations, negotiating competitive terms, coverage enhancements, retention levels and premiums on behalf of the client
- Frequently arrange and attend meetings with clients, insurance carrier representatives and other service providers often accompanied by a supervisor but sole attendance is also required at times.
- Work closely with clients to ensure their protected through our innovative and comprehensive insurance products.
- Prepare client proposals, white binders, electronic policies and policy summary pages
- Review insurance binders for accuracy; prepare confirmations of coverage, invoices, and transmittal to the client. Review electronic copies of policies for accuracy, prepare coverage summaries and transmittal to the client
- Complete account reporting forms
- Generate renewal certificates of insurance
- Manage the midterm policy changes of all accounts and issue certificates of insurance throughout the policy year as needed.
- Notify carriers of any potential losses if a change in carrier is processed, and secure premium financing options if requested
- Track policy issuance and review for accuracy once received
- Audit requests (request loss runs, prepare letter to auditor, provide a copy to insured)
- Maintain current and accurate policy schedules for each insured for the various coverage lines.
- Prepare, organize, and manage a timely and accurate task or suspense system that is viewable by supervisor(s)
- Supervise delegated responsibilities to at least one subordinate (Technical Assistant, Account Administrator, or Assistant Account Manager).
- Ensure the quality, timeliness, accuracy and appropriateness of work product provided by Assistant Account Managers, Account Administrators and Technical Assistants among the service team
- Provide training, guidance and mentor ship to other members of the Customer’s team.
- Monitor performance to ensure productivity, efficiency, quality, and service standards are met, recommending corrective actions to operations management staff when appropriate
- Maintain thorough knowledge regarding the insurance industry in general, the specifics coverage lines offered by the company, as well as the company’s business practices and procedures.
- Perform certain overlapping duties associated with the Assistant Account Manager position as needed
- Perform other duties and projects as assigned by Management, President or other senior team members.
What skills do I need?
- Insurance background and current CA Property & Casualty license is required
- High School diploma; undergraduate degree preferred
- Understanding of business service functions, insurance terminology and various lines of commercial insurance.
- At least 3 years of recent Commercial Lines Account Management experience, medical focus preferred
- Intermediate to advanced-level proficiency with Microsoft Office Products: Excel, Word, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
- Experience using PC, printer, scanners, phones, and basic business equipment.
- Excellent customer service and listening skills and the ability to work effectively across all levels of the business organization (internal and external)
- Ability to understand and manage complex projects while working under tight schedules and deadlines
- Demonstrates considerable tact, diplomacy, discretion and judgment with ability to build and maintain effective interpersonal relationships
- Excellent leadership and conflict resolution skills
This is a direct hire position located in the Conejo Valley area.
- Full time position – 40 hour work week, some minimal travel may be expected
- The pay is competitive ($65-$75 annually depending on experience, background, skills, etc.)
- Great benefits package
Job Reference #: 44J6
Location: Westlake Village, CA