What’s the opportunity?
The Contracts Paralegal provides paralegal support to the Contracts and Corporate Counsel teams with a focus on the review, negotiation, and drafting of various contracts and documents.
The Contracts Paralegal also provides paralegal support on other matters, including creation and maintenance of templates and tools, vendor compliance, federal government contracting compliance, copyright infringement, data privacy and security, internal training, legal research, and other special projects and tasks as assigned.
What will I be doing?
Example work in this role might include:
- Manage federal government contracting compliance, vendor compliance, and other similar projects as assigned
- Assist with matters relating to data privacy and security including issues concerning CCPA, CASL, CAN-SPAM, FERPA, and GDPR and other applicable legislation
- Assist with the creation and maintenance of contract templates and tools
- Create and deliver training sessions (both one-on-one and in groups) for internal clients
- Update, develop and maintain appropriate training resources and materials
- Provide guidance and assistance to internal clients on contract and general legal related issues
- Provide support on the management of the company’s legal databases, upon request
- Assist with management of Legal Department SharePoint site
- Cross-train with other members of the Legal Department on key functions and responsibilities to assist during staff absences
- Review Legal Department processes and systems, and suggest and implement modifications to maximize efficiency
- Handle other duties, special projects, and responsibilities as assigned
What skills do I need?
- Bachelor degree required. In addition, Paralegal certificate or equivalent experience under the direction of an attorney required.
- A minimum of five (5) years’ related experience with independent drafting a variety of contracts and other legal documents of varying complexity with minimal supervision required
- In-house legal experience required
- Publishing experience or related field preferred
- Experience supporting contract needs for sales, marketing, and technology teams as well as data privacy and security matters required
- Solid experience with contracts databases required
- Proficiency with computer programs, including: Microsoft products, PowerPoint, Excel, SharePoint, Confluence, JIRA and database navigation and entry required
- Work consistently and efficiently with excellent attention to detail
- Excellent ability to draft error-free contracts and other legal documents
What skills do I need?
- Highly organized and a proficient multi-tasker
- Respond quickly and efficiently to continually changing priorities and handle personal contact with diplomacy and sensitivity
- Excellent ability to problem-solve, analyze and interpret concepts, and appropriately apply information learned to new situations
- Ability to think through processes and offer solutions for optimum efficiency and effectiveness
- Must be able to work independently and proactively to complete duties with minimal supervision
- Reason effectively and anticipate downstream effects of processes and actions on others across the organization
- Excellent interpersonal skills and verbal/written communication skills
- Ability to meet deadlines and work professionally under pressure
- Able to maintain confidentiality and appropriate sensitivity as needed
In addition to playing a meaningful role in support to the Contracts and Corporate Counsel teams, you will receive:
- Competitive salary compensation
- Great benefits including health, dental, vision and life
- 401(k) retirement plan
- And more
Job Reference #: 44M9
Location: Thousand Oaks, CA
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.