DIRECTOR OF CARD SERVICES
The Director of Card Services is responsible for strategically managing all aspects of the development, maintenance, and enhancements of the card payment channel and the Card Experience. Works across the organization to ensure processes impacting Card Experience are mitigated.
What will I be doing?
To be successful in this role, the Director of Card Services is responsible for maintaining internal control, regulatory compliance, business continuity, selecting and managing vendor relationships, card portfolio management and control, expense management, and budgeting and forecasting.
Example work in this role might include:
- Assumes responsibility for the development, implementation and maintenance of an effective card payment channel and positive Card Experience.
- Responsible for managing the day-to-day card services and card fraud operations through direct reports.
- Assists Senior Management in developing short and long-term goals and plans for the Card Experience.
- Develops and maintains a high level of expertise regarding current and emerging card payment services, features, related products, pricing, and trends.
- Analyze current systems and procedures in light of emerging technologies and recommend new systems and procedures that improve Card Experience, operational efficiencies, and CLIENT profitability.
- Have command of the intricacies of the card payment channel, and serve as the in-house expert on card product-related issues.
- Develops policies, procedures, and standards for the Card Services Department.
- Conducts periodic reviews of existing policies and executes established operational goals and ensures that corporate-wide plans and programs are complemented
- Works across the organization to ensure processes impacting Card Experience are mitigated.
- Resolve problems through data analysis, identification of root causes, evaluation of options, rendering of decisions, and implementation of actions.
- Communicates with management regarding all aspects of card payment opportunities, operations, procedures, policies and strategies.
- Establishes and monitors reports designed to keep the Senior Management informed of all relevant activities and issues, including timely preparation of monthly status reports.
- Participates in annual budgeting process.
- Ensures compliance with budget by monitoring activities and reporting deviations.
- Attends and contributes to management meetings, planning sessions, project or committee meetings, strategic discussion, and other functions as appropriate.
- Maintains working knowledge of regulatory compliance related to financial services area to include (but not limited to): Reg E, Reg Z, BSA reporting requirements, OFAC, USA PATRIOT ACT, Red Flags, Privacy, Safeguarding Member Information, etc.
- Assumes responsibility for the effective and efficient completion of card processing and servicing
- Monitors and evaluates work quality, efficiency, and Ensures completed work is of the highest quality.
- Monitors, analyzes and strategically mitigates fraud within acceptable risk factors.
- Tracks work flow and executes needed process adjustments to ensure deliverables and deadlines are met and that records are complete and
- Coordinates, schedules, and directs Department functions. Oversees all card processing
- Ensures card processing functions are completed in accordance with established policies, procedures, and related legal requirements while observing proper internal control.
- Utilizes knowledge of business systems and technology concepts relating to cards and apply towards solving complex user needs.
- Oversees and ensures that GL accounts are clean and
- Oversees Department expense accounts
- Resolves difficult, sensitive, and complex card servicing
- Performs miscellaneous card processing and servicing duties as
- Effectively supervises Department staff
- Provides leadership to Department staff through effective objective setting, delegation, and communication. Conducts staff meetings as required and informs staff of policy and procedural changes.
- Ensures team member are well trained, effective, and optimally used. Identifies training needs and develops appropriate training Conducts training sessions and cross-trains as appropriate.
- Ensures staffing levels are Interviews, hires, and assigns staff.
- Conducts performance appraisals as
- Ensures professional business relations exist with customers, vendors, and trade professionals.
- Assumes responsibility for establishing and maintaining effective communication and coordination with CLIENT team staff, customers and with
- Stays abreast of changes in card processing programs and
- Completes special projects as Assists and supports staff as needed.
What skills do I need?
Possesses core leadership competencies demonstrated by meeting expectations in each of the following areas:
- Makes good decisions in a timely and confident manner.
- Adapts to changing situations and restructures tasks and priorities as changes occur within the business and organization. Takes action to support and implement change initiatives effectively.
- Effectively organizes and plans work according to organizational needs by defining objectives and anticipating needs and priorities.
- Meets business challenges by motivating staff to excel and achieve.
- Directs and leads others to accomplish organizational goals and objectives.
- Advises, assists, mentors and provides feedback to others to encourage and inspire the development of work-related competencies and long-term career growth.
- Inspires others to perform well by conveying enthusiasm and a passion for doing a good job.
- Upholds a high standard of fairness and ethics in everyday words and actions.
We’d also like you to have
- High school graduate or equivalent is required. Additional related college coursework preferred.
- Thorough understanding of the credit and debit card processing and servicing business.
- Solid operational understanding of card marketplace and compliance and regulatory requirements.
- Knowledge of card processing and servicing policies, procedures, and best practices.
- Strong understanding of fraud mitigation strategy execution within the CLIENT’s risk appetite.
- Thorough knowledge of business systems and technology concepts relating to cards with the ability to apply towards solving complex user needs.
- Five to eight years card services experience within a financial company and a minimum of five years managerial experience.
- Strong leadership and supervisory skills with the ability to manage and develop talent.
- Results oriented with strong organizational skills. Ability to manage projects and meet
- Ability to collaborate across levels, functions, lines of business and other internal and external partners.
- Critical thinking to analyze, make appropriate decisions, and take necessary action to solve problems.
- Moderate level of computer skills including Microsoft Office and Windows.
- Ability to adapt to new computer
The client offers the following rewards and benefits for the Director of Card Services:
- Competitive salary
- Subsidized health care including medical, dental and vision
- Flexible spending account
- Company-Paid Life and A&D insurance
- Discounts on loans (must be a member)
- Paid Vacation, Holiday, and Sick time
- 401k Retirement Saving Plan with a 6% safe harbor employer match
- Educational Assistance Program and more!
Job Ref. #: 44NC
Location: Chatsworth, CA
Our client is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. They are committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all people and to hire and promote individuals solely based on their qualifications for the job.