Director of Operations
The Director of Operations assumes overall leadership responsibility for the performance of the Electronic Payments and Operations Services business units, to include associated processes and responsibilities. Ensures that production, performance, staffing, and assigned projects are managed and supervised to drive optimal business results and in alignment with organizational strategic initiatives and key enterprise projects. This role ensures that daily, monthly, quarterly, and annual operational policies and procedures are followed.
The Director of Operations will oversee, develop, and mentor management staff and ensure that overall employee development is facilitated in accordance with coverage, career pathing, and developmental objectives. Oversees and assist with the preparation of department and employee metrics, tracking, data analytics, and reporting. This position works in collaboration with management roles in Retail, Contact Center, Talent Development, Information Technology, and Card Services.
What will I be doing?
To be successful in this role, you will already have a minimum of eight (8) years of similar or related work experience, with at least five (5) years of Operations related experience and three (3) years in a supervisory capacity.
Example work in this role might include:
- Team member models, recognizes, and rewards the behaviors that align with the CLIENT’s Core Purpose and Values.
- Oversees the Electronic Payments and Operations Services departments by providing strategic leadership and direction.
- Oversees, educates, develops, and directs the activities of the Electronic Payments and Operations Services Managers; to include performance managements, coaching, mentoring, and development.
- Provides guidance and support for ACH and Reg E regulatory compliance and risk mitigation strategies.
- Ensures that KEP and strategic project activities impacting the daily operations are properly planned for and integrated into the Operation Infrastructure by Operations Management Team.
- Resolve problems through data analysis, identification of root causes, evaluation of options, rendering of decisions, and implementation of actions.
- Establishes and monitors reports designed to keep the Senior Management informed of all relevant activities and issues, including timely preparation of monthly status reports Administers required departmental performance monitoring, metrics, and reporting.
- Oversees and ensures that General Ledgers are properly managed, reconciled, and maintained by Operations business units.
- Oversees and assesses the effectiveness of the business unit’s ability to meet member service expectations.
- Ensures that critical and high-risk Operations activities are properly managed and executed, within designated timelines.
- Ensures Vendor Management responsibilities are properly managed and executed.
- Collaborate with the Operations Management Team and cross functional within the organization to address and drive the execution of product launches, promotional activities/campaigns, and operations related strategic initiatives.
- Promote and drive automation and technology initiatives; leading to improved production, efficiency, and member experience.
- Ensures compliance with budget by monitoring activities and reporting deviations.
- Attends and contributes to management meetings, planning sessions, project or committee meetings, strategic discussion, and other functions as appropriate.
- Keep informed on industry trends and analytics and provide reporting and insight o the VP, Operations
- Completes special projects as assigned.
- Supports, administers, and offers guidance for organizational training efforts.
- Attend job-related webinars, seminar and conferences as required.
- Minimum of eight (8) years of similar or related work experience, with at least five (5) years of Operations related experience and three (3) years in a supervisory capacity.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience.
- Advanced conceptual understanding of ACH processing, Reg E, payments platforms, electronic funds transfers, check Inclearing operations, and all associated regulatory requirements. Excellent interpersonal and supervisory skills. Able to effectively manage and lead a team.
- Must exercise sound judgment consistent with CLIENT policy and to apply legal and regulatory requirements to department functions.
- Assess situations and problems, research and identify options, and recommend a solution.
- Ability to work with other staff of management team to serve customers and find solutions.
- The skill to plan, develop, and write policies and procedures.
We’d also like you to have
- Must have advanced technical wherewithal along with good understanding of NACHA, EFT, and CO-OP rules and guidelines.
- In addition, the candidate must have understanding of Regulation E, Regulation CC, Unclaimed Property Regulations, and Tax Reporting. Intermediate accounting concepts to include budgeting and general ledger reconciliations, familiarity with all transaction processing, check operations, fund transfers.
- Ability to display initiative, assume responsibility, exercise independent judgement, and make and act upon decisions within the scope of assigned authority.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills. Good presentation skills.
- The ability to motivate, influence, educate and advise others on matters of significance.
- PC Skills: Word, Excel, Microsoft office.
The client offers the following rewards and benefits to the Director of Operations:
- Competitive salary
- Subsidized health care including medical, dental and vision
- Flexible spending account
- Company-Paid Life and A&D insurance
- Discounts on loans (must be a member)
- Paid Vacation, Holiday, and Sick time
- 401k Retirement Saving Plan with a 6% safe harbor employer match
- Educational Assistance Program and more!
Job Ref. #: 44NB
Location: Chatsworth, CA
Our client is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. They are committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all people and to hire and promote individuals solely based on their qualifications for the job.