GENERAL OFFICE FILE CLERK
The General Office File Clerk will support at least one attorney in the Westlake Village office of a Los Angeles-based Estate Planning Law Firm. The candidate must have experience working as a Clerk in a legal environment. Position is full-time Monday through Friday, with hours of 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Job Description (including but not limited to the following):
- File Clerk duties to include filing correspondence and documents
- Organizing file materials and preparation of file folders
- General office duties to include front desk coverage of phones at reception desk and back-up phone coverage for attorney(s)
- File room maintenance and upkeep
- Conference room set-up and clean-up.
- Performs other related duties as required and assigned.
Skills and Requirements:
- Minimum of three years’ experience working as a File Clerk.
- Prior experience working in a law office or equivalent professional environment where legal documents are prepared is required.
- Candidates must have some kind of background working in a law environment
- Experience that includes working in a non-litigation environment handling estate planning documents is a plus.
- Light typing (forty wpm minimum) for preparation of letters, memos and other short documents is required.
- Excellent attention to detail with emphasis on accuracy and quality
- Intermediate computer skills desired (Microsoft Word 2010 or higher, Outlook and possibly Excel.)
- Professional appearance and attitude at all times.
- High school diploma or equivalent required. Any higher education is a plus
This is a temp to hire position located in the Conejo Valley area. The pay range is $20 to $22 hourly. Upon conversion, the client has an excellent benefits package that includes vacation, sick leave, paid medical/dental/vision, 401(k), etc.
Job Ref. #: 44KG
Location: Westlake Village, CA
Royal Staffing Services will consider for employment qualified Applicants with Criminal Histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.