General Office Mail Assistant
The General Office Mail Assistant provides general office and clerical support. Duties may include providing assistance and support in the mail room, units and/or departments.
Job Description (including but not limited to the following):
- Processes incoming and outgoing USPS, UPS, FedEx, interoffice, faxes, documents, etc.
- Runs outgoing mail through postage machine; package materials for shipping, etc.
- Services and maintains office equipment (paper jams, toner replacement, etc.).
- Copies, files, retrieves and/or scans documents. May research files on the computer.
- Maintains files through purging/archiving documents and ensuring that documents are filed appropriately.
- Makes copies and packets, distributes documents and prepares materials for mailing.
- Coordinate boxes for off-site storage, as applicable.
- Performs other related duties as required and assigned.
Skills and Requirements:
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- High school diploma or equivalent (GED).
- One (1) year related experience required working in an office environment or related experience. Two (2) years related experience preferred.
- Microsoft Office and related applications, with strong typing skills and enter data accurately.
- Knowledge of general office functions and customer service skills. Comfortable multi-tasking. Well organized and detail oriented, able to plan, prioritize and complete duties in a timely manner
- General understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Able to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Build/cultivate relationships, work cooperatively, and establish rapport/gain trust.
- Elicit pertinent information effectively and interact effectively with people from diverse cultures.
- Speak and write in an organized and effective manner. Able to speak confidently in small settings.
- Bilingual English/Spanish may be required, based on duties.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
This is a temporary position located in the North San Fernando Valley area. The client will administer rigorous skills testing. Please call for additional information.
Job Ref. #: 44 JS/JR
Location: North San Fernando Valley, CA
Royal Staffing Services will consider for employment qualified Applicants with Criminal Histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.