General Office Mail Assistant
The General Office Mail Assistant provides general office and clerical support. Duties may include providing assistance and support in the mail room, units and/or departments.
Job Description (including but not limited to the following):
- Processes incoming and outgoing USPS, UPS, FedEx, interoffice, faxes, documents, etc.
- Runs outgoing mail through postage machine; package materials for shipping, etc.
- Services and maintains office equipment (paper jams, toner replacement, etc.).
- Copies, files, retrieves and/or scans documents. May research files on the computer.
- Maintains files through purging/archiving documents and ensuring that documents are filed appropriately.
- Makes copies and packets, distributes documents and prepares materials for mailing.
- Coordinate boxes for off-site storage, as applicable.
- Performs other related duties as required and assigned.
Skills and Requirements:
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- High school diploma or equivalent (GED).
- One (1) year related experience required working in an office environment or related experience. Two (2) years related experience preferred.
- Microsoft Office and related applications, with strong typing skills and enter data accurately.
- Knowledge of general office functions and customer service skills. Comfortable multi-tasking. Well organized and detail oriented, able to plan, prioritize and complete duties in a timely manner
- General understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Able to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Build/cultivate relationships, work cooperatively, and establish rapport/gain trust.
- Elicit pertinent information effectively and interact effectively with people from diverse cultures.
- Speak and write in an organized and effective manner. Able to speak confidently in small settings.
- Bilingual English/Spanish may be required, based on duties.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
These are temporary positions located in the North San Fernando Valley area and Santa Clarita Valley area. The client will administer rigorous skills testing. Please call for additional information.
Job Ref. #: 44??
Location: North San Fernando Valley, CA and Santa Clarita, CA
Royal Staffing Services will consider for employment qualified Applicants with Criminal Histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.