Human Resources Director
What’s the opportunity?
The Human Resources Director is accountable for developing, coordinating and managing all services provided by HR team members, including but not limited to: labor relations, labor law, compensation administration, employment and recruitment, benefits, safety/risk management and employee relations.
What will I be doing?
Example works in this role include the following below. Other duties may be assigned.
- Plans and directs HR Department operations through proper delegation of duties and effective supervision. Responsible for HR Department goals.
- Provides legal guidance to management in labor relation areas. Represents the organization at labor-related legal hearings, and is the Center’s primary liaison with the union for contract negotiations and grievances.
- Advises management regarding compliance with State and Federal laws dealing with employee/employer relations.
- Acts as a liaison between employees and management. Advises and/or arbitrates on terminations and serious disciplinary action. Make recommendations to management based on researched information.
- Assists in the thorough documentation and review of disciplinary documentation. Ensures consistency with labor law and the union contract as well as past-precedence involving progressive disciplinary action.
- Develops, maintains and revises the Center’s compensation plan including maintaining market competitive pay ranges.
- Develops and administers cost effective employee benefits. Ensures that benefits conform to appropriate laws and guidelines and remain competitive with the market.
- Oversees employment/recruitment programs to ensure high quality staff and diversity.
- Develops, maintains and revises the organization’s position classification plan; coordinates revision of position descriptions and pay ranges.
- Oversees Workers Compensation and the Safety/Risk Management Program for the Center.
- Investigates complaints as it relates to employee to include whistle-blower, personnel, etc.
- Manages HR department budget.
- This position supervises others.
What skills do I need?
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Master Degree in a related field
- Six (6) – ten (10) years of related progressive professional experience in Human Resources management
- Well-rounded management skills in planning, organizing, directing, staffing, controlling verbal and written communications, interviewing, counseling, negotiating and motivating.
- Thorough knowledge of Human Resources management, including but not limited to California employment law, labor relations, compensation, benefits and best practices in the field.
- Experience in conducting formal investigations and providing appropriate recommendations
- Licenses and/or certificates – SPHR/PHR, preferred
- Competencies to include Human Resources management, conflict resolution, relationship building and management, communication, leadership and navigation
- Ability to collect and analyze data and to develop and implement programs.
- Adept at building and cultivating relationships; work cooperatively; establish rapport and gain trust; listen and elicit pertinent information effectively; and interact effectively with people from diverse cultures.
- Written and verbal communication skills with ability to speak and write in an organized and effective manner; speak confidently in small settings; and write with excellent grammar.
- Organizational skills include the ability to exercise duties in an organized manner; plan, prioritize and complete duties in a timely manner; be detail oriented; and multi-task.
In addition to playing a pivotal role in building strong HR team and employee relations, you’ll receive:
- Competitive salary
- Great health benefits
- Pension Plan
- Flexible holidays
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.
Job Ref #: 44M7
Location: North San Fernando Valley, CA