IT OPERATIONS MANAGER
What’s the opportunity for the IT Operations Manager?
The IT Operations Manager is responsible for the development, support and security of technical operations. Manages daily operations and support of technology, matures operational processes and capabilities, manages operational staff, addresses customer support issues, ensures the stability and performance of the technology platforms, ensures recovery of the technical environment, ensures disaster recovery and communications in response to disasters. This role also manages vendors that support IT operations activities.
Description for the IT Operations Manager
What will I be doing?
Example work in this role will include but not be limited to the following:
- Provides hands on technical leadership in the areas of servers, storage, database administration, network, security, systems engineering, disaster recovery, help desk, support and IT operations.
- Aligns IT services delivery to the IT Strategic Plan.
- Matures the IT operational capabilities of the organization and develops policies and procedures.
- Ensures a stable, high performance platform for technology initiatives.
- Collaborates with other management and service delivery staff to determine support needs and proactively address existing and emerging support needs and in cross departmental projects.
- Manages and recruits operational staff, schedules work, monitors performance; provides hands-on technical mentor ship, coaches, counsels, employees; initiates, coordinates, and enforces policies, and procedures.
- Provides capacity plans to ensure that appropriate resources are available to address the growth of the technical environment.
- Manages vendor licensing to ensure compliance, optimization of configurations for performance and cost.
- Creates and administers disaster recovery plans and testing to ensure that the company remains functional in the event of a crisis. Ensures that back-up procedures, information security and control structures are in place to support disaster recovery plans.
- Leads the investigation, testing, recommendation, cost estimates and implementation of new technologies and applications to address technological needs as defined by the IT Director.
- Manages IT assets and information in accordance with the IT Security and Inventory Policies and ensures that policies and procedures are being followed by IT.
- Runs the Change Control Board.
- Leads the Problem Management Team that handles disaster and service degradation recovery.
Requirements for the IT Operations Manager
What skills do I need?
The IT Operations Manager will require experience providing senior level technical infrastructure leadership and hands-on support and mentor ship with Microsoft products such as O365/Exchange, Windows, SQL, and SharePoint.
- Experience setting up and securing highly available SQL farms, replication, and co-location or cloud.
- Working knowledge of VDI support environments and challenges.
- Senior level knowledge in developing, testing disaster recovery plans.
- Demonstrated ability to troubleshoot problems across multiple environments and vendors.
- Proven ability to design and operationalize technology solutions for a mobile workforce.
- Ability to develop statements of work, design systems and services, and develop estimates for solutions.
- Staff development and management skill.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or equivalent combination of education and experience required.
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A. or B.S.) from a four-Year College or university; or equivalent combination of IT education and experience preferred.
- 5 to 10 years of related IT experience required.
- Experience managing and developing staff is required.
- Experience working in an environment requiring HIPAA, SOX, or PCI compliance preferred.
- Microsoft Certifications preferred.
- Must be able to work occasional nights, weekends, and holidays and be on-call for emergencies. This position requires the use of a personal vehicle while conducting business and must possess a valid (Class C) California driver’s license. Travel to other offices will be required.
In addition to a meaningful leadership role with the ability to impact our client’s success, you will receive:
- Competitive salary
- Great health, dental and vision insurance
- Paid vacation, holidays and personal days
- Retirement plan And more
Job Reference #: 44JB
Location: Chatsworth, CA
Royal Staffing Services will consider for employment qualified Applicants with Criminal Histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.