IT SPECIALIST Level I – Chatsworth
The IT Specialist Level I primarily responds to support calls, as part of a team of internal and external support staff. This role provides technical support for the Virtual Desktop environment, SharePoint Environment and iSeries environment and reports to the Director of IT.
Job Description (including but not limited to the following):
- Identifies and diagnoses Level I problems for users of the IBM iSeries, Virtual Desktop, Audio/Video, VOIP, Communication, Internet and Email technologies.
- Tracks and confirms problem resolution through call-tracking applications. Escalates issues to senior level resources.
- Ensures that notifications and status updates are accurate and that procedures are followed.
- Ensures that tickets are being closed in a timely fashion and understands business processes so that tickets are being prioritized correctly.
- Communicates to end users so they know when to expect resolution.
- Provides desk top support. Installs equipment for users, including; printers, monitors, laptops, phones, and desktops.
- Supports the inventory application and processes.
- Supports audio and video equipment in conference rooms
- Puts in tapes and fills out backup logs.
- Occasionally fills in for the System Operator in backing up the iSeries to tape.
- Escalates iSeries issues to the appropriate resource.
- Occasionally fills in for the System Operator entering vendors into eBilling Application.
- Participates in related special projects and meetings, providing assistance in research and design, testing, implementation and most critically, post-implementation support.
- Must be able to work occasional nights, weekends, and holidays and be on-call for emergencies
- Other duties as required.
Skills and Requirements:
- Junior level support skills around Microsoft support skills and a working knowledge of the interaction between security, network and applications.
- Experience with Active Directory, Exchange Server, DDS, SANDIS (iSeries), SharePoint, SQL, Access, Juniper, Cisco, Barracuda, Thin Clients, Dell, Lenovo laptops knowledge a plus.
- Demonstrated capability to troubleshoot problems across multiple environments.
- Excellent English oral and written communication skills with the ability to communicate technical information, both verbal and written, to a wide range of end-users.
- Strong organization skills and ability to multi-task and prioritize effectively.
- Ability to work in and participate as part of a team of technical and non-technical personnel.
- Ability to create processes that can be followed by others.
- Strong customer service orientation. Good judgment and critical thinking skills.
- High School Diploma, GED or Equivalent required. Two (2) years college with coursework in Computer Science or Business Administration preferred.
- Two (2) years’ experience working in a technical environment in a Level I role supporting an organization of 100+ or a large complex department.
- Demonstrated skills in problem analysis and resolution.
- One (1) year of troubleshooting in a Citrix Xen Desktop/VDI computing or supporting a SharePoint environment preferred.
- Microsoft Certifications preferred. Non-profit experience a plus.
This is a temporary position (1-2 months) located in the Chatsworth area. The pay is $24 to $25.75 hourly depending on experience. The right candidate must be able to work occasional nights, weekends, and holidays and be on-call for emergencies. Ultimately, on conversion a valid California Driver’s License and transportation, or acceptable substitute, will be required for this position.
Job Ref.#: 44L8
Location: Chatsworth, CA
Royal Staffing Services will consider for employment qualified Applicants with Criminal Histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.