IT SPECIALIST Level II – Antelope Valley
The IT Specialist Level II primarily acts as an escalation point for IT Specialist I as well as respond to support calls. The position is also a backup for the Technical Support Engineer, coordinates the response for daily Help Desk issues, and will be assisting in special projects for the department. Provides advance technical support for the Virtual Desktop environment, a SharePoint environment and an iSeries environment and reports to the Director of IT.
Job Description (including but not limited to the following):
- Identifies and diagnoses Level I/II problems for users of the IBM iSeries, Virtual Desktop, Audio/Video, VOIP, Network, Internet and email technologies.
- Researches complex technical problems.
- Ensures that notifications and status updates are accurate and that procedures are followed.
- Confirms that tickets are being closed in a timely fashion and understands business processes so that tickets are being prioritized correctly.
- Tracks and confirms problem resolution through the call-tracking application. Escalates issues as required.
- Develops knowledge articles for the Level I staff.
- Supports the inventory application and processes.
- Backs up the Technical Support Engineer with projects and other functions.
- Responds to security incidents, reviews logs, and escalates suspicious activity.
- Provides basic administrative support to the Active Directory and Exchange environments.
- Assist in supporting Windows servers and should be able to perform server based functions such as creating/modifying network printers, stop/start local server services, and others.
- Locates files and restores from backups as required.
- Learns new technologies being introduced to Client at a level to support and teach others to support these technologies.
- Participates in related special projects and meetings, providing assistance in research and design, testing, implementation and most critically, post-implementation support.
- Must have basic knowledge of networks, patch panels, and network switches to assist troubleshooting when needed by the System Administrator or Technical Support Engineer.
- Other duties as required.
Skills and Requirements:
- Senior level Microsoft support skills and a working knowledge of the interaction between security, network and applications.
- Experience with Active Directory, Exchange Server, DDS, SANDIS (iSeries), SharePoint, SQL, Access, Juniper, Cisco, Barracuda, Thin Clients, Dell, Lenovo laptops knowledge a plus.
- Demonstrated capability to troubleshoot problems across multiple environments.
- Excellent English oral and written communication skills with the ability to communicate technical information, both verbal and written, to a wide range of end-users.
- Strong organization skills and ability to multi-task and prioritize effectively.
- Ability to work in and participate as part of a team of technical and non-technical personnel.
- Ability to create processes that can be followed by others.
- Superior customer service orientation. Good judgment and critical thinking skills.
- High School Diploma, GED or Equivalent required. Two (2) years college with coursework in Computer Science or Business Administration preferred.
- Two (2) years’ experience working in a technical environment in a Level II role supporting an organization of 100+ or a large complex department.
- Demonstrated skills in problem analysis and resolution.
- One (1) year of troubleshooting in a Citrix Xen Desktop/VDI computing or supporting a SharePoint environment preferred. Microsoft Certifications preferred. Non-profit experience a plus.
- Role also requires communicating with the employees to resolve escalated issues.
This is a temp to hire position located in the Antelope Valley area. The pay will be up to $30 hourly depending on experience. The right candidate must be able to work occasional nights, weekends, and holidays and be on-call for emergencies. Ultimately, on conversion a valid California Driver’s License and transportation, or acceptable substitute, will be required for this position.
Job Ref.#: 44KC
Location: Lancaster, CA
Royal Staffing Services will consider for employment qualified Applicants with Criminal Histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.