Junior Accountant Non Profit
The Junior Accountant Non Profit is responsible for performing a variety of complex accounting and budgeting functions including analysis and reporting.
Job Description (including but not limited to the following):
- Maintains departmental budgets and tracks expenditures. Prepares, reconciles, analyzes and distributes expenditure reports. Forecasts and makes recommendations to resolve potential shortages.
- Reconciles bank accounts to general ledger. Manages voided, manual and stale-dated checks.
- Trains accounting staff on complex general ledger coding and department coding, and entering payables, reclassifications, voids and manual checks in proprietary accounting software.
- Coordinates month-end closings.
- Reconciles month-end expenditures data and prepares complex, monthly billing reports.
- Reconciles and maintains general ledger and subsidiary accounts. Investigates and resolves discrepancies.
- Prepares annual use tax return.
- Prepares and posts journal entries.
- Generates, analyzes and reconciles a variety of monthly and annual reports.
- Participates in training of internal staff on accounting functions and procedures.
- Provides customer support to internal staff by responding to inquiries.
- Reviews rate increase requests from vendors. Analyzes rate information and supporting documentation. Conducts training for vendors on completing rate increase requests and provides customer service to vendors by responding to inquiries.
- Assists Accountants with audit field work.
- Assists Accountants with internal audits.
- Prepares and maintains various spreadsheets and reports.
- Performs various accounts payable, accounts receivable and accounting functions as required.
- Maintains accounting files and records.
- Performs other related duties as required.
Skills and Requirement:
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A. or B.S.) in accounting or related field from a four-year college or university; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 5 or more years of accounting experience.
- Knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles, procedures and terminology, accounts payable and accounts receivable systems, general ledger systems, and bank reconciliation.
- Ability to operate a computer and enter data accurately with advanced Microsoft Excel skills.
- Solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
- Build/cultivate relationships, work cooperatively and establish rapport/gain trust.
- Listen perceptively and actively, elicit pertinent information effectively and interact effectively with people from diverse cultures.
- Express a position professionally and respectfully, maintain composure and equanimity, and maintain open-mindedness.
- Accept feedback in a respectful manner.
- Must be able to speak and write in an organized and effective manner, succinct direct manner, and simply complex ideas into simplified forms.. Comfortable speaking confidently in small settings.
- Able to plan, prioritize, multi-task and complete duties in a timely manner, be detail oriented.
- Must have the ability to add, subtract, multiple, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Know how to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
This is a temp to hire position located in the North San Fernando Valley area. The salary is $19 to $21.75 hourly. The client will administer rigorous skills testing. Please call for additional information.
Job Ref. #: 44L6
Location: North San Fernando Valley, CA
Royal Staffing Services will consider for employment qualified Applicants with Criminal Histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.