Manager Electronic Payments
What’s the Opportunity?
We are seeking a dynamic Manager Electronic Payments, who is experienced in leading all aspects of daily operations, ensuring that external and internal members receive prompt and accurate support as it relates to Inclearings and ACH Processing, ATM operations, electronic services, payment related digital and mobile solutions, and fraud prevention. The right candidate will have a sense of urgency, the ability to improve operational efficiency through thoughtful process improvement, and a strong commitment to delivering best in class service.
What will I be doing?
- Leadership: You build trust and demonstrate integrity with noticeable congruence between words and actions. You are able to organize and influence others to believe in a vision, while creating a sense of direction.
- Teamwork: Your leadership style emphasizes the importance of teamwork, while encouraging individuals to learn and grow. You have been recognized for your excellent interpersonal skills and your ability to effectively communicate, build rapport and relate to others.
- Coach: You guide and motivate the Electronic Payments staff to promote a culture focused on protecting our member’s assets while delivering best in class service.
- Judgement: You make exact decisions about business policies, managing risks and ensuring operations are conducted in accordance with internal policies, procedures and legal/regulatory requirements.
Example work in this role might include:
- The core responsibility is the effective and efficient management of daily operational service, and productivity of the Electronic Payments department.
- Ensures adjustments to staff schedules to properly allocate resources in order to deliver high quality service and efficient productivity.
- Expected to develop, implement, and evaluate standard operational procedures to provide excellent service to members and internal staff and to maximize the efficiency and quality of work.
- Acts as a champion to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements and guidelines, integrity, and security by recommending policies and internal controls.
- Maintain updated knowledge of regulatory and operational changed or enhancements affecting department and operations functions.
- Responsible for monitoring and reconciliation of assigned general ledger accounts related to clearing and suspense accounts as assigned, including daily, weekly, and month end reconciling.
- Will oversee core platform programming, functionality, and controls related to Electronic Payments and operational processing activities, to include platform optimization, enhancements, testing, and implementation initiatives.
- Responsible for data analytics, metrics, and reporting.
- Will work with vendors, business units, core applications, and programming resources, and other data aggregators and access points.
- Responsible for vendor management and performance.
- Will assume responsibility for the effective performance of the Electronic Payments Department.
- Respond to all levels of internal inquiries, including those having a full breadth of complexity and requiring analytical interpretation regarding Inclearing, ACH, and ATM transactions and processing activities in a friendly, professional, and service-oriented manner.
- Will establish and maintain effective and professional business relations with internal and external stakeholders.
- Responsible for analyzing and preparing data to measure and report performance.
What skills do I need?
- Bachelor’s degree in business or related field is preferred.
- Accredited ACH Professional (AAP) certification preferred.
- A minimum of eight years of progressive experience in an electronic payments environment, with at least five years in ACH-related experience, and three years in a supervisory capacity.
- Understanding of related legal and regulatory requirements
- Proven leadership, management and motivational skills; ability to inspire others to achieve excellence
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Ability to prioritize effectively, working in a fast-paced environment
- Strong oral and written communication skills, including ease in presenting information to a group
- Bi-Lingual (Spanish speaking) preferred
- PC Skills: Word, Excel, Microsoft office
The client offers the following rewards and benefits for the Manager Electronic Payments:
- Competitive salary
- Subsidized health care including medical, dental and vision
- Flexible spending account
- Company-Paid Life and A&D insurance
- Discounts on loans (must be a member)
- Paid Vacation, Holiday, and Sick time
- 401k Retirement Saving Plan with a 6% safe harbor employer match
- Educational Assistance Program and more!
Job Ref. #: 44KZ
Location: Chatsworth, CA
Our client is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. They are committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all people and to hire and promote individuals solely based on their qualifications for the job.