MORTGAGE LOAN OFFICER
What’s the opportunity?
We are seeking a dynamic Mortgage Loan Officer who will be responsible for promoting products and services while developing and maintaining a quality network of business and personal relationships. The right candidate will have a sense of urgency, the ability to improve operational efficiency through thoughtful process improvement, and a strong commitment to delivering best in class service.
What will I be doing?
The core responsibility is to increase residential mortgage loan production by soliciting existing and potential clients as you meet the department new loan request and funding goals.
- Must offer retail mortgage loan products and cross-sell depository accounts to existing or potential clients.
- Expected to continuously seek out opportunities through outside sales activities to increase loan growth and revenue.
- Assist in the qualification of applicants for appropriate mortgage loan products based on key underwriting guidelines.
- Will obtain pertinent information in order to process loan applications and ensure data and documents are accurately entered into system.
- Work closely with loan processors and loan department to ensure a complete and quality loan package.
- Responsible for educating applicants of available products and other loan alternatives while cross selling products appropriately to meet our client’s needs.
- Will negotiate loan terms while providing the necessary disclosures in accordance with RegZ and RESPA.
- Will communicate loan conditions and status directly to applicant and agent.
- Complete timely follow up on all leads and pending loan applications to ensure expected turnaround time.
- Provide the highest level of service by promptly responding to client needs in a professional, friendly and respectful manner.
- Develop business relationships with key organizations.
- Support department business development goals through effective calling efforts on prospects.
- Monitor market conditions while making recommendations for new products and services.
- Conduct Real Estate training and home buying seminars.
What skills do I need?
- Bachelor’s degree in business or related field or related experience
- Three years of progressive experience in a related position
- Understanding of related legal and regulatory requirements
- Maintain a valid driver’s license, current auto insurance and NMLS registration
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Ability to prioritize effectively, working in a fast-paced environment
- Strong oral and written communication skills, including ease in presenting information to a group
- Bi-Lingual (Spanish speaking) preferred
- PC Skills: Word, Excel, Microsoft office
We would also like you to have
- Customer Service: You will provide support to the primary daily processes and regulatory requirements of the accounting department, including accounts payable, general ledger accounts and general ledger reconcilements.
- Teamwork: Your ability to encourage and exchange creative ideas, to provide practical solutions to problems, will be used to promote innovation.
- Communication: Your effective communication style will be used to transmit, receive, and accurately interpret ideas, information, and needs through the application of appropriate communication behaviors.
- Initiative: Your high level of initiative and personal responsibility will enable you to manage multiple priorities simultaneously in an effective and professional manner.
Employees enjoy the following rewards and benefits:
- Competitive salary
- Subsidized health care including medical, dental and vision
- Flexible spending account
- Company-Paid Life and A&D insurance
- Paid Vacation, Holiday, and Sick time
- 401k Retirement Saving Plan with a 6% safe harbor employer
- And more!
Job Ref.# 44JH
Location: Chatsworth, CA
Our client will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles