Operations & Events Coordinator
The Operations & Events Coordinator is part of the Operations department at Client offices. This role is responsible for managing daily and ongoing events, facilities requests, food and beverage orders, and works closely with both the Operations team and Client’s Events Manager. This person strongly values service delivery, offering the highest level of service to both on-site partners and external constituents.
Job Description (including but not limited to the following):
- Act as a liaison between client departments (Events Manager, various Divisions, Administration, etc.) and the operations crew to ensure that daily operational needs for events are fulfilled as requested. This includes ensuring that the crew has the necessary event equipment set up, accurately and on time, that food and beverage needs are handled, and the crew knows next steps for daily events, including quick turnaround requests, etc.
- Act as an in-house food and beverage coordinator for basic meetings and programs. This would include maintaining an ongoing stock of beverages, snacks, and supplies, as well as ordering meals for clients’ meetings and programs as requested. Please note that the event location is Kosher and this position will need to observe important standards with regard to kosher observance.
- Support the Events Manager on larger-scale events to ensure that all operational needs are met in accordance with expectations. This includes meeting in advance of large events to discuss operational and crew needs. Determine next steps in order to ensure a seamless execution on the day of the event.
- Support the execution of daily set ups by pulling reports and information, entering setup details, etc., via the facilities management database (EMS or Dude Solutions).
- Attend weekly calendar meetings with campus partners as well as weekly meetings with operations crew to look ahead to coming events. Troubleshoot issues and works with the crew to problem solve potential obstacles in advance.
- Model and uphold commitment to Client’s mission.
- Other related duties, as assigned.
Skills and Requirements:
- High School diploma or equivalent is required. A College or University degree is preferred
- Two or more years’ related experience/equivalent.
- Superior communication and interpersonal skills.
- A problem-solver, who is flexible, highly detail oriented, able to multi-task easily, and has consistent follow-through on projects.
- Comfortable with technology. Must be proficient in Microsoft office and quick to learn client specific software.
- Bi-lingual (English/Spanish) a plus.
This is a two month temporary assignment with the possibility of extension. It is located in the West Los Angeles area. The pay range is $25 to $30 hourly.
Ref #: 44M3
Location: Brentwood, CA
Royal Staffing Services will consider for employment qualified Applicants with Criminal Histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.