Part Time Bookkeeping Assistant
The Part Time Bookkeeping Assistant position will assist with bookkeeping, billing, AP and other accounting duties for an manufacturing firm. The right candidate will be required to establish and maintain a professional and efficient relationship with the needs of the company’s team and their external clients. This temporary assignment will start part time for training and then go full time to cover a Leave Of Absence (LOA).
Job Description (including but not limited to the following):
- Some front office duties are required. Answering and returning phone calls to and from clients. Taking detailed messages for other staff members
- Provides excellent standards of customer service
- Understands accounting practices and financial statements
- Performs bookkeeping functions as directed by the management staff
- Responding to all correspondence and emails in a timely fashion
- Assisting with accounting functions including maintaining spreadsheets and entries into the client’s data system including data entry into the Quick Books system
- Communicates any concerns to management
- Other duties for the company as needed
Skills and Requirements:
- Strong Quick Books knowledge is a must
- MS Office skills including a good understanding of Excel are required.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills and able/comfortable communicating across the organization. Professional phone manners
- Precise attention to detail, well-organized, solution-oriented and comfortable working against deadlines.
- Must have good listening skills
- Strong basic math skills
- The client requires intermediate accounting experience. Additional accounting skills are helpful.
- Analytical and problem solving skills are helpful
- Works as a team to deliver excellent service
- High School diploma or equivalent required, an Associates degree or higher education preferred
This is a part-time temporary position for approximately 24 hours per week to start and then 40 hours for LOA coverage. The assignment is located in the San Fernando Valley area. Please call our office for additional information.
Job Reference #: 44
Location: Van Nuys, CA
Royal Staffing Services will consider for employment qualified Applicants with Criminal Histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.