Reporting to the Controller, the Payroll Administrator manages the payroll which includes oversight of biweekly payroll, payroll maintenance, and payroll quarterly and year-end reporting for government and staff purposes. The Payroll Administrator is responsible for liaison between Human Resources and Finance but has direct responsibility of the biweekly payroll. This position interacts with staff on every level, so it is important to have strong written and oral communication skills. Payroll is a high-pressure situation; we are looking for a teammate that will handle pressure well, manage deadlines, has a working knowledge of payroll regulations, and has learning agility. Ideally the candidate will have experience with Paycom payroll software.
Job Description (including but not limited to the following):
- Manage all aspects of biweekly payroll including:
- Timesheet collection, review, data entry and submission of payroll
- Coordinate implementation and reconciliation of payroll deductions including 403(b) payments, benefits, etc.
- Create payroll general ledger entities
- Monthly vacation accrual
- Monthly payroll accrual
- Employee stipends
- Employee reimbursements
- Manage all aspects of biweekly seasonal camp payroll
- Stay current on all California employment laws, particularly wage and hour, etc.
- Input employee data into the Paycom payroll system that has been approved and submitted by Human Resources
- Reconcile all payroll-related Balance Sheet accounts
- Prepare all reports pertaining to payroll (e.g., government censuses, etc.)
- Manage all payroll-related audit tasks for the annual financial, 403(b) and worker’s compensation audits
- Manage employee-related benefit deductions and earnings provided by Human Resources
- Collaborate with Human Resources Department on payroll-related activities
- Create reports and analyze information for vacation, sick, overtime, accruals, etc.
- Identify areas for improvement and efficiency within the payroll function
- Reconcile payroll portion of 403(b) plan
- Maintain payroll files and documentation
- Manage and perform annual payroll responsibilities including: W-2 review and distribution for employees and W-3 review and submission for IRS
- Manage and perform Quarterly payroll responsibilities including: 941 for the IRS and DE9 for State of California
- Other duties and special projects as assigned
Skills and Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, business, or finance
- 5+ years payroll and general ledger experience
- Advanced Excel skills and intermediate knowledge of Office365
- Abila MIP experience preferred
- Payroll experience for 150+ employees
- Paycom Payroll Service experience highly desired
- Advanced knowledge of California employment laws
- Detail-oriented with high level of accuracy
- Independent decision-making skills
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Strong written and oral communication skills
This is a Temp to hire position, located in the Downtown Los Angeles area. Please contact our office for additional details.
Job Ref. #: 44??
Location: Los Angeles, CA
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.