Payroll Tax & Accounting Clerk
A CPA firm is seeking a Payroll Tax & Accounting Clerk to help in its accounting department. Someone eager that can follow directions and assist the person in charge of payroll. This is an on-site position with a possibility of a flexible schedule. The right candidate will have a strong attention to detail and have a strong independent work ethic.
Job Description (including but limited to the following):
- The candidate will assist with processing payroll
- Some tax processing work will be required
- Maintains accurate and detailed records of transactions in multiple databases and files
- There will be other accounting duties as required.
Skills and Requirements:
- Prior payroll experience is strongly preferred.
- Working knowledge of Gusto or Paycom payroll software is a plus.
- Results oriented individual with strong customer service skills and a courteous telephone manner.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Preferred college degree in Business, Accounting or equivalent
- Preferred 2+ years of Payroll experience.
- Some tax accounting experience is helpful
- Excellent P/C skills (Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint, maybe some Outlook) and 10 key
- Thorough understanding of standard office procedures and practices.
- Demonstrated knowledge of mathematical concepts including computation of rates, ratios, percentages, averages and reconciliation is very helpful.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished
- Excellent organization skills.
- Able to carry out multiple assignments concurrently.
- Ability to be an effective team member and handle assignments responsibly.
This temporary assignment is available now and located in the San Fernando Valley area. There may be a possibility of the assignment being extended. The pay range is between $18-20 hourly.
Job Reference #: 44P-multiple
Location: San Fernando Valley, CA
Royal Staffing Services will consider for employment qualified Applicants with Criminal Histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.