What’s the opportunity?
The Professional Recruiter is expected to develop an in-depth understanding of their selected business niche, becoming an authority and networking extensively in their area of expertise. Our client’s business niches are as follows:
- Information Technology
- Human Resources
The successful Recruiter will use specialty publications, organizations, and the Internet to develop a network and gather information that can be used to make sales calls, including information on the following:
- Current trends in the staffing industry and their specific niche
- Job order opportunities and prospective client companies
- Recruiting Sources
- Current and predicted business conditions
What will I be doing?
The Professional recruiter is expected to spend time equally in the core business areas of: Recruiting, Marketing, Job Order/Matching, Application, Quality, and Management.
A variety of skills is necessary for a successful Professional Recruiter. Among these are:
- Skills in selling and a willingness to further develop those skills.
- Ability to manage time.
- Ability to identify and reach decision-makers.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Administrative skills (record keeping, report preparation, etc.).
The Professional Recruiter’s primary emphasis is on coordinating, filling job orders and inside sales activities. The Professional Recruiter must use consultative sales techniques as they persistently make sales contacts.
What skills do I need?
- Increase sales/job orders by making regular personal and telephone contacts with accounts and prospects, developing a network within a selected business niche.
- Recruit professionals for both direct hire and contract staffing positions.
- Negotiate fees and conditions of employment between clients and candidates.
- Prepare candidates and clients for the selection process.
- Maintain current account information records, prepare all reports, and provide feedback to administrative personnel on a timely basis.
- Meet required levels of activity and ratios/goals set for business success.
- Strong phone and interpersonal skills are essential.
- Exercise expense control to conform to the office budget.
- Should have a thorough knowledge of temporary and full-time placement policies and operations as well as basic math skills used in pricing techniques and strategies.
We’d also like you to
- Establish New Business Accounts
- Maintain and expand existing Client Accounts
- Expand the Client Presence in the Community and Specific Business Niche
- Other Sales Support Activity
- Completes weekly and monthly reports on activity, expenses, results, programs, etc.
- Maintains a current mailing list of all clients and prospects in territory.
- Sends out associates to client accounts when necessary.
- Attends required meetings, conferences, and training sessions, some of which may involve out-of-town and overnight travel.
- Other duties and projects as assigned.
- Supervises Research Assistant where applicable.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, or related field. Significant, successful sales/recruiting experience may be substituted for the bachelor’s degree.
- Must have a working, conversant understanding of basic employment laws, particularly the Fair Labor Standards Act, Title VII of the 1964 Civil Rights Act, Americans With Disabilities Act, Equal Pay Act, Pregnancy Discrimination Act, and the Family and Medical Leave Act.
- Understand and be able to communicate the co-employment relationship and its implications on the multitude of employment laws and workplace regulations.
- Basic computer skills and the ability to compose routine correspondence and detailed reports.
- Possess or develop a thorough understanding of Internet search capabilities and Internet recruiting techniques.
- Able to apply effective human relations and problem-solving principles to the co-employment relationship.
- Negotiating skills and a thorough understanding of clients’ hiring practices.
- Must be able to effectively speak before groups.
In addition to playing a meaningful role in the success of the company, you’ll receive:
- Competitive salary plus commission
- Great benefits including health, dental and vision
- 401(k) retirement plan
- And more
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.
Reference #: 4451
Location: Conejo Valley, CA