PUBLIC INFORMATION SPECIALIST
The Public Information Specialist coordinates social media activity, facilitates outreach and promotional efforts, assists in web site maintenance and development, develops print and electronic media, and assists in tracking and monitoring of legislative activities and other agency activities and projects as needed.
Job Description (including but not limited to the following):
- Coordinates social media activity and assists in developing, implementing, and managing our social media strategy.
- Assists in developing, coordinating, and conducting outreach, public awareness marketing, and promotional efforts.
- Web site maintenance and development.
- Develops print and electronic media, design and create flyers, posters, reports, and other communication pieces as needed.
- Facilitates various events including event publicity, coordination of supplies and materials, and deploying and/or operating audio-visual equipment.
- Assists in tracking and monitoring legislative activity.
- Other projects as assigned.
Skills and Requirements:
- Experience in social media, specifically Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube
- Web site maintenance, design, and multimedia development
- Experience designing flyers, brochures, reports, and forms
- Outreach and special event coordination
- 1 to 3 years working in a variety of social media platforms
- 1 to 3 years of web site maintenance experience
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work well independently under pressure of multiple deadlines and by prioritizing multiple work responsibilities
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Experience working with Adobe Creative Suite
- Bilingual Spanish preferred
- Must be able to work occasional nights, weekends and holidays.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 10 lbs.
- A Bachelor’s degree in a related field and one to three years of related experience or Bachelor’s degree in an unrelated field and three to five years of experience.
This is a temporary position located in the Chatsworth area. Please call for addition information.
Job Reference #: 44LM
Location: Chatsworth, CA
Royal Staffing Services will consider for employment qualified Applicants with Criminal Histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.