QuickBooks Accounts Payable Assistant
The QuickBooks Accounts Payable Assistant will be trained for coverage for Maternity leave of absence. This position will begin as part-time (3 days a week) initially then move to full time from late March through end of assignment.
Job Description (including but not limited to the following):
- Maintain accurate and timely/historical records of expenditures and transactions
- Prepare and maintain all supporting documents and distribute checks according to established procedures
- Verify receipt of materials or services and matches invoices and other documentation necessary to process payment
- Verify vendor statements and handle all correspondence involving accounts payable. Ensure prompt payment to vendors.
- Conduct periodic checks of pending purchase orders to ensure that the payment process is initiated efficiently
- Prepare A/P reports
- Analyze and resolve discrepancies/issues between vendor and customer
- Assist with monthly and year-end close out procedures and records
- Systematically verifies and audits accounts for completeness and accuracy according to established controls
- Collaborate with controller on special projects as needed.
- Participate in training and instruction as required
- Complete other duties as assigned.
Skills and Requirements:
- Good computer experience with Microsoft Excel and QuickBooks. The client is willing to train Epicor software. Great Plains experience is a plus.
- Strong and accurate data entry skills with basic typing of 40 wpm or higher
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills. Professional phone manners
- Precise attention to detail, well-organized, solution-oriented and comfortable working against deadlines. Must have good listening skills and basic math skills.
- Client requires at least basic accounting experience with Accounts payable skills.
- Adherence to attendance policy.
- High School diploma or equivalent is required, an Associate’s degree or higher education is preferred
This is an on-site temporary assignment for approximately six months (LOA replacement) with a possibility of conversion. The assignment is located in the Van Nuys area.
Job Reference #: 44JY
Location: Van Nuys, CA
Royal Staffing Services will consider for employment qualified Applicants with Criminal Histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.