Real Estate Loan Underwriter
Real Estate Loan Underwriter is responsible to underwrite loans according to applicable guidelines; and underwrite subordination requests considering risk position and member support. Position will also require support of compliance procedures.
Job Description (including but not limited to the following):
- Assume responsibility for the Underwriters’ regular duties required by business needs.
- Underwrite Fannie Mae loans according to Fannie Mae guidelines; all Fannie Mae loans must be saleable.
- Underwrite Portfolio loans according to client’s guidelines.
- Underwrite subordination request, analyze and evaluate the request so as not to put client in a greater risk position and at the same time assist the member.
- Review appraisals for completeness, accuracy and reliability. Maintain confidentiality, including information related to underwriting loans for employees, board members, and members.
- Assume responsibility for quality control within the Real Estate department
- Review and monitor QC of all loans prior to funding. Support training procedures to incorporate within the department.
- Provide production management with input regarding quality of loans through review of daily work, effective and ongoing documentation, and communication of concerns and issues.
- Support all audit requests and provide feedback on any findings or exceptions, if necessary.
- Responsible for completing related duties as required or assigned.
- Stay informed of trends and changes in the financial services industry specifically in credit unions, stays informed of changes and trends related to the job function, and attend seminars and professional conferences as necessary.
- Complete special projects as assigned.
- Ensure work area is clean, organized, secured and well-maintained.
- Availability to work during the client’s core business hours.
- Attendance and punctuality are within acceptable standards as required by business needs and established by management.
- Assigned working days and hours may fluctuate as business needs change.
Skills and Qualifications:
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED). AA or BA degree preferred
- A minimum of one year up to three years of similar or related experience, including preparatory experience
- Ability to be bonded and to retain bond ability
- Strong experience with credit union principles and procedures and member service philosophy.
- Knowledgeable in real estate loan processing procedures and requirements.
- Lending principles and procedures, and service philosophy as well as knowledge of investor guidelines (Government Sponsored Enterprise).
- Federal Regulations background relating to mortgage lending, including but not limited to, RESPA, TILA, TRID, HMDA, etc. is required
- Thorough knowledge of underwriting, including compliance knowledge of loan processing, from loan origination to funding as it pertains to underwriting.
- Knowledge of appraisal analysis.
- Accurate typing/data entry and processing of data. PC skills literacy (Microsoft Word and Excel) and fundamental office knowledge
- Must be adaptable to different and changing situations and solve problems
- Courteous, friendly, and professional behavior
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills
- Integrity and confidentiality
- Ability to work independently and with minimal supervision
- Proven time management and organizational skills.
- Strong English verbal/written/interpersonal communication skills.
This is a 3+ month temporary assignment located in the Monterey Park area. Salary is $27 to 34.50 depending on experience.
Job Reference #: 44JC
Location: Monterey Park, CA
Royal Staffing Services will consider for employment qualified Applicants with Criminal Histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.