Senior Accountant CPA
What’s the opportunity?
We are currently seeking a dynamic Senior Accountant CPA who can work with all levels of management, (functional leadership and staff). In addition, the right candidate will have a sense of urgency, the ability to improve operational efficiency through thoughtful process improvement and a strong commitment to delivering best in class service.
What will I be doing?
The Senior Accountant CPA provides management with financial information by researching and analyzing accounts; preparing financial reports. Firstly, you will provide support to the primary daily processes and regulatory requirements of the accounting department, including accounts payable, general ledger accounts and bank reconciliations. Secondly, your ability to encourage and exchange creative ideas, to provide practical solutions to problems, will be used to promote innovation. Thirdly, effective communication will be used to transmit, receive, and accurately interpret ideas, information, and needs through the application of appropriate communication behaviors.
- Day-to-day general ledger accounting, financial reporting and analysis
- Month-end, quarter-end and year-end close to include variance analysis, Financial Reporting packages preparation, account analysis, accrual calculations, and other related accounting documents/schedules
- Will establish and maintain effective and professional business relations
- Conducts calculations, post journal entries, and variance analysis to include 3rd party royalties, bank reconciliations accrual obligations.
- Calculates and posts journal entries for royalty expenses for all regions of business unit.
- Validates and reconciles over accounting for vendors and independent contractors.
- Provides variance explanations for quarterly reporting statements.
- Monthly/quarterly close assistance.
What skills do I need?
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics or related field
- CPA/MBA or CPA candidates are strongly preferred
- Minimum of four (4) plus years of experience in finance and/or accounting
- Private and Public industry experience preferred
- Understanding of related legal and regulatory requirements
- Knowledge of GAAP and financial accounting reporting
- Organizational and time management skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills, including ease in presenting information to a group
- PC Skills including Microsoft Office advanced Excel, Word, SAP, Oracle, JD Edwards, PeopleSoft, Fixed Assets
- Must reside in Los Angeles and/or surrounding area
- Competitive salary
- In addition to the above, you are guaranteed pay between assignments
- Also, Paid Vacation, Sick Leave, OT and more
- Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k and more
Job Ref. #: 44L2
Location: Los Angeles Area, CA
Royal Staffing Services will consider for employment qualified Applicants with Criminal Histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.