Senior Financial Analyst
What’s the opportunity?
We are currently seeking a dynamic Senior Financial Analyst who can work with all levels of management, (functional leadership and staff). The right candidate will have a sense of urgency, the ability to improve operational efficiency through thoughtful process improvement and a strong commitment to delivering best in class service.
What will I be doing?
You will provide support to the primary daily processes and regulatory requirements of the accounting department, including accounts payable, general ledger accounts and bank reconcilements. Your ability to encourage and exchange creative ideas, to provide practical solutions to problems, will be used to promote innovation. Effective communication will be used to transmit, receive, and accurately interpret ideas, information, and needs through the application of appropriate communication behaviors
- Day-to-day general ledger accounting, financial reporting and analysis
- Research and resolve Business Unit(s) inquiries for assigned functional areas
- Routine communication with Supervisors relating to financial close, issues and deliverables
- Month-end, quarter-end and year-end close to include variance analysis, Financial Reporting packages preparation, account analysis, accrual calculations, and other related accounting documents/schedules
- Prepare journal entries and foreign currency transactions analysis that will be responsible for providing analytical and planning support to the Finance division
- Will establish and maintain effective and professional business relations
- Research and prepare variance analysis and explanations.
- Preparation and analysis of the periodic management reporting of financial results for assigned functional areas.
- Prepare Financial Reporting requirements package.
- Balance Sheet account reconciliations, account analysis, accrual calculations, and other related accounting documents/schedules.
- Prepare journal entries related to assigned functional responsibilities. Prepare foreign currency transactions analysis and its impact on financial results.
- Responsible for performing special projects to improve process efficiency and performance.
What skills do I need?
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics or related field
- CPA/MBA or CPA candidates are strongly preferred
- Minimum of four (4) plus years of experience in finance and/or accounting
- Private and Public industry experience preferred
- Understanding of related legal and regulatory requirements
- Knowledge with complex financial modeling and simulations, margin analysis, funds transfer pricing and product profitability, budgeting and forecasting
- Knowledge of GAAP and financial accounting reporting
- Organizational and time management skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills, including ease in presenting information to a group
- PC Skills including Microsoft Office Excel, Word, SAP BW, Cognos, Oracle, Access, Hyperion/Essbase, JD Edwards, PeopleSoft, SalesForce
- Must reside in Los Angeles and/or surrounding area
- Competitive salary ($80 to $105k DOE)
- Guaranteed pay between assignments
- Paid Vacation, Sick Leave, OT and more
- Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k and more
Job Ref. #: 44LV
Location: Los Angeles Area, CA
Royal Staffing Services will consider for employment qualified Applicants with Criminal Histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.