Skilled Staff Accountant
Our client has an immediate temporary opportunity available for a Skilled Staff Accountant with experience in the banking industry.
Job Description (including but not limited to the following):
- Responsible for preparing the quarterly 5300 Call Report.
- Posts daily and monthly journal entries and reconciles general ledger accounts as directed.
- Tracks and posts principal and interest payments received from Corporate Credit Union, Federal Home Loan Bank and Federal Reserve Bank for the client’s investment portfolio.
- Records sales and purchases of investment securities.
- Assists with Accounts Payable as needed.
- Additional duties as required
Skills and Requirements:
- 3 – 5 years’ experience as a staff accountant, preferably with thorough understanding of filing credit union 5300 Call Report.
- Associate Degree in Accounting or related field is required, higher education is preferred
- Strong Banking or Credit Union knowledge is a must
- 3 or more years’ accounts payable experience.
- experience with journal entries and general ledger
- MS Office Suite skills, particularly intermediate level Excel knowledge is helpful.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills and able/comfortable communicating across the organization.
- Precise attention to detail
- Needs to be well-organized and solution-oriented
- Must be comfortable working against deadlines.
- Punctuality and good attendance
This is a temporary position located in the Monterey Park area. The pay is $22 to $29 depending on experience.
Job Reference #: 44J0
Location: Monterey Park, CA
Our client provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.