Sr Human Resources Assistant
What’s the opportunity?
Seeking a Sr Human Resources Assistant with a minimum of three years’ experience that is committed to recruiting and providing staff members with an exceptional work experience. This position’s primary focus will be on OSHA and payroll related issues. The right candidate MUST have both hands on payroll and Union contract and negotiation experience as well as strong Bilingual Spanish skills.
What will I be doing?
To be successful you will already have experience in similar HR rolls
- Process weekly Payroll report and overtime report
- Maintain employee job classification report, employee files and monitor attendance occurrences
- Create and monitor Workers Comp issues including employee accident reports and OSHA Log 300 injury summary report.
- Develop and administer employee training as required on a continuing basis. Develop training and performance management programs that ensure all employees are familiar with their job responsibilities, as well as relevant legal and safety requirements.
- Process employee paperwork such as wage and class changes, warning notices, and union grievances, etc.
- Purchase office and safety supplies as needed
- Administer company health, drug, dental, and 401K programs
- Assist in hiring new employees as required including placing ads, liaise with staffing services, interviewing, processing applications, providing new employee orientation, etc.
- Administer Company safety program including establishing safety teams, assisting safety committee members with their safety meetings, coordinating and directing the monthly safety meeting and preparing the minutes, participating in the monthly safety inspection and preparing a list of required action items.
- Ensure planning, monitoring, and appraisal of employee work results by training managers to coach and discipline employees
- Recommending new policies, approaches, and procedures
- Ensures all employment practices comply with federal, state and local regulations
- Handles investigation and resolution of employee issues, concerns and conflicts. Counseling employees and supervisors. Answer employee questions on personnel matters as required.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed and rendering assistance to staff
What skills does the Sr Human Resources Assistant need?
- Hiring, human resources management, Benefits administration, Performance management, Communication processes, Compensation and wage structure
- CAL OSHA certification is preferred
- Bilingual Spanish is a must
- Manufacturing payroll knowledge required
- Supporting diversity, classifying employees, Employment law, Laws against sexual harassment, Organization, Demonstrated effectiveness in written and verbal communication
- Microsoft Office applications and Human Resources Information Systems (HRIS) helpful
- Knowledge of compensation strategy, performance management, employee relations, safety practices and talent acquisition, and the ability to apply this information in a manner that is compliant with relevant employment law.
- Experience with creating a culture of engagement, collaboration and teamwork
We’d also like you to have the following:
- Capability of compiling and analyzing employment data to guide strategic planning
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Organizational Development, Labor Relations or Business or similar work experience required
- Three to Five + years of experience in progressively responsible human resource roles
- Three + years of experience in Labor Relations and Employee Relations
- PHR/SPHR certification preferred
In addition to playing a meaningful roll in the growth of the company, the Human Resources Manager Manufacturing will receive:
- Competitive salary compensation
- Great benefits including health, dental and prescription
- 401(k) retirement plan
- And more
Job Reference #: 44L2
Location: Los Angeles, CA
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.