Staff Accountant Non Profit
The Staff Accountant Non Profit is responsible for analyzing financial data, handling daily accounting related duties including some of the more complex account reconciliations, fixed asset accounting, journal entry preparation, research and resolving issues, creating financial reports and other departmental projects that may be assigned by the Supervisor/Other Leadership.
Job Description (including but not limited to the following):
Under the supervision of the Director, Accounting and Finance Services, support the overall objectives of the client’s Accounting Services department as a member of the national team.
- Complete the monthly reconciliation for the very complex depository bank account with a high volume of activity. This involves analyzing data, identifying and determining accounting treatment for non-recurring transactions, accessing and downloading data from multiple vendors (credit card and other outside processors) and researching and resolving discrepancies prior to posting data.
- Analyze financial data to determine appropriate accounting treatment for assigned areas including fixed assets, prepaids and deposits and set-up depreciation and amortization schedules as appropriate for journal entry back-up.
- Maintain fixed asset schedules and prepare and post monthly depreciation.
- Cross-train on financial report creation utilizing Blackbaud Financial Edge in order to become proficient in generating monthly and quarterly financial statements including the Statement of Revenue & Expenses, Balance Sheet and become familiar with the Cash Flow Statement existing in Excel in order to be a back-up person to generate reports.
- Be able to review reports for accuracy and analyze variances.
- Maintain prepaid/advance accounts and post monthly/quarterly allocations
- Maintain debt accounts and post monthly interest
- Reconcile other balance sheet accounts as assigned
- Maintain and update related audit schedules
- Assists Director of Accounting with monthly status reports and monthly closings as well as year-end audit and 990 preparation
- Supports operations, along with the Senior Accountant, as a Key Accounting Department point of contact; provides excellent service to them. Provides training and support to area staff with regards to expense management and operational aspects of the Financial Edge program.
- Key accountant/support for Director of Accounting for special projects and researching and resolving accounting issues. Also receives, researches, and resolves a variety of routine internal and external inquiries, including communicating the resolution of discrepancies to appropriate persons
- Other departmental projects that may be assigned by the Supervisor/Other Leadership to support the overall strategic plan of the client.
Skills and Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in accounting/finance or equivalent knowledge and experience
- 4+ years of experience in accounting including a combination of general ledger, account reconciliations and accounts payable required
- Good understanding of GAAP accounting required and Non-profit accounting experience preferred
- Good interpersonal communication skills, both verbal and written, and the ability to effectively organize and prioritize a wide range of daily tasks with varied deadlines are necessary
- Must be detail oriented, committed to accuracy, a team player, and self-starter who is flexible and able to work independently
- Must have a strong sense of confidentiality
- Strong general computer skills are necessary along with a competent, working knowledge of Windows, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Outlook, and Adobe
- Understanding of nonprofit accounting is desirable
- Knowledge of Blackbaud/Financial Edge, Certify is strongly preferred
This is a possible temp to hire position located in the Conejo Valley area. The Pay is $25 hourly DOE.
Job Reference #: 44LR
Location: Agoura Hills, CA
Royal Staffing Services will consider for employment qualified Applicants with Criminal Histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.