Staffing Branch Manager
What’s the opportunity? The Staffing Branch Manager will oversee the day to day branch operations.
What will I be doing? The Staffing Branch Manager should assume responsibility for all sales and operations of the office.
Example work in this role might include:
- Organize and participate in sales activities in a given geographic territory or with specific accounts by making regular personal and telephone contacts.
- Oversee the administrative functions necessary to ensure an adequate supply of applicants, employees, and candidates to meet the needs of client companies.
- Recruit, hire, develop, and supervise all internal office personnel consistent with company policies and procedures to ensure that office objectives are met.
- Prepare budgets and maintain expense control, ensuring budgeted profit level.
- Ensure compliance with all company policies and procedures.
- Ensures compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws governing the workplace and employment process.
- Analyzes results from external recruitment channels/ tools and establishes utilization guidelines for staff.
- Establishes office and individual objectives with the General Manager
- Administers the performance management system through regular individual performance appraisals and recommends compensation adjustments.
- Guides and develops internal staff, aids in the promotion and succession planning process.
- Identifies individual staff training and development needs and opportunities. Works with the Director of Training & Human Resources on the plan of execution.
- With assistance from Human Resources, administers corrective discipline, and when necessary, participates in the termination of employees.
- Communicates and administers all company policies, procedures, and programs.
- Ensures a professional office appearance and the safety of all employees, applicants, and visitors.
- Responsible for the after-hours telephone, addressing callers and sharing information with the appropriate staff member(s).
- Tours client facilities with the Safety/ Risk Management Specialist, evaluating the work environment and compliance with legal notice-posting requirements.
- Analyzes frequency and severity of safety hazards and determines potential for financial risk to the Franchise.
- Meets with client owners, managers, and department heads to solve problems, ascertain specific needs, and determine essential job function requirements. Communicates client assignment details to internal staff.
- Ensures the accurate and timely delivery of all payrolls.
- With assistance from Human Resources, aids in the investigation of allegations of harassment and misconduct, recommends appropriate action, and ensures non-retaliation.
Sales and Marketing Activities:
- Establishes sales goals to ensure maximum market share and gross margin with the General Manager and Ownership
- Achieves satisfactory profit/loss ratio and market share in relation to pre-set objectives.
- With the VP of Business Development and Marketing, organizes and conducts all marketing and sales endeavors within the Franchise territory. Determines new sales opportunities by monitoring new business start-ups, move-ins, and expansions.
- Conducts sales calls with the sales representative, negotiates rates, reviews and approves proposals, and consummates agreements.
- Conducts sales training meetings.
Financial and Administrative Activities:
- Aids in establishing operating forecasts and budgets and manages office to achieve established financial objectives.
- Monitors accounts receivable and initiates and concludes the collection process.
- Ensures the timely submission of new account credit applications.
- Evaluates and approves financial expenditures.
- Ensures the continuous operation of office equipment.
- Monitors and analyzes internal and external factors affecting finances, so that new opportunities may be pursued, and the effects of competitive activity may be minimized.
- Maintains confidentiality of processed information.
Client and Public Relations:
- Joins and actively participates in approved civic, professional, and industry organizations to develop personal skills and contacts for future business relationships.
- Represents the company at local job fairs, community service projects, and career days. Speaks to various groups, schools, and potential recruiting sources.
- Plans and directs the communication of information designed to keep the public informed of Express programs, accomplishments, and opportunities with the General Manager.
- Responds to requests for information from print and broadcast media.
Other Duties As Needed
- Interviews applicants and completes the employment process.
- Assigns associates to client accounts.
- Negotiates and closes on placement fees.
- Other related duties as assigned.
What skills do I need?
- Bachelor’s Degree in business, marketing or related field
- Have the knowledge and ability to apply effective management and sales techniques.
- Must have thorough knowledge of employment-related laws and regulations, including, but not limited to the Fair Labor Standards Act, Title VII of the 1964 Civil Rights Act, Americans with Disabilities Act, Equal Pay Act, Pregnancy Discrimination Act, and the Family and Medical Leave Act, Employment Standards Act, Human Rights Code, Equal Employment Opportunity Commission regulations, and the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act and Fair Credit Reporting Act, as they relate to employment.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Understand and be able to apply effective human relations and problem-solving principles
- Strong Computer skills – Word / PowerPoint / Excel to compose routine reports and correspondence
In addition to playing a meaningful role in the growth of the company, you will receive:
- Competitive salary and commission
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance Options
- 401K with access to a retirement adviser
- Generous Vacation, Holiday and Sick time
- Educational reimbursement
- World class training and mentoring programs
- Employee recognition awards and incentives
- Significant professional growth opportunities
This is a direct hire position located in the Conejo Valley area. Please call for additional information.
Job Ref. #: 44G4
Location: Conejo Valley, CA