Temporary Payroll Clerk
The Temporary Payroll Clerk is responsible for all areas of the Semi-Monthly Payroll for the company, including the related Federal & State payroll tax reports, Records and files all bank deposits. They will prepare miscellaneous Accounts Receivable schedules. This right candidate will be a strong user of Paycom.
Job Description (including but not limited to the following):
- Collects time cards from All Departments and prepares input for company payroll using Paycom.
- Reviews and checks time cards for total hour(s) claimed as Vacation, Sick, Holiday, Leave with Absence, Jury Duty, Shift Differential (rate incentive), etc. as defined in the company’s Personnel Practice Policy.
- Calculates proper payment for overtime, compensatory time-off, SDI matching, etc. as approved. Obtains copy of time change request(s) and prepared Input to Paycom Software for the above hour(s).
- Calculates proper Voluntary and Involuntary Deduction(s), i.e. Federal & State withholding, FICA, SDI, Garnishment payment, Annuity, Group Insurance Coverage Premium for dependents, and Advance payment as applicable.
- Prepares manual checks for signatures.
- Maintains Payroll Journal Ledger, Labor Distribution, Vacation Accrual, and Taken worksheets, 403b and 125k contribution worksheets and computation of Worker’s Compensation schedules for monthly payment
- Coordinates with Paycom vendor for data entry and technical assistance.
- Maintains complete and accurate Personnel Payroll Files
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor(s).
Skills and Requirements:
- High School graduate or equivalent and applicable work experience.
- Type 40 wpm, 10-key by touch.
- Minimum two years’ experience in Payroll and/or general Accounting.
- Requires Paycom knowledge and/or some college’s level courses in Data Processing/Data Entry/and related field.
- Must act in accordance with all Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) of 1996 and related state law confidentiality requirements. Must successfully complete the Center’s HIPAA training, pass the HIPAA test, and receive the Certification of Compliance.
- Regular attendance is an essential function of the job.
- Interacting with other employees at work is an essential function of the job.
- Arriving at work on time and not leaving early is an essential function of the job.
This is a temporary position located in the Mid San Fernando Valley area. The hourly salary is $22.00 and it is currently an open-ended assignment.
Job Ref. #: 44N2
Location: Van Nuys, CA
Royal Staffing Services will consider for employment qualified Applicants with Criminal Histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.